We believe in providing thoughtful solutions to design challenges for private, federal, and municipal clients in the Gulf Coast Region.
We were founded on the principal that communication and close coordination within the design team leads to more successful and enjoyable projects. Throughout the life of a project, we understand the importance of responsiveness and clarity in communication. During the design process, our team looks for opportunities to improve the sustainability of every one of our projects, from economical design decisions to considerations for our changing climate.
Marais is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Relocation is not available for this position.
CIVIL ENGINEERING INTERN
Marais is seeking a Civil Engineering Intern to be based in New Orleans, LA. This position is expected to begin in May 2023 and will support our structural and civil practice. This important role offers an excellent opportunity for career advancement through the participation in a variety of challenging projects. Interns are responsible for performing specific tasks and limited portions of broader assignments and will receive close supervision, guidance, and mentoring from experienced engineers in the office. Internships are designed to introduce and build essential, hands-on skills that differ from those attained in the academic arena and help to enhance the transition from student to professional. Interns are assigned duties that will provide a broad, well-rounded learning experience within their field of study
• Candidates must be currently enrolled in a university program pursing a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or related field with the intent to continue enrollment after an internship.
• Must have completed 3 years of study in the applicable program.
• Valid Driver's License
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills • Enthusiastic and Self-motivated.
• Work well within a multidisciplinary team.
• Capable of using spreadsheet, word processing and standard office software.
• Basic knowledge of CAD software for the position (AutoCAD or MicroStation)
• Strong familiarity with Microsoft Excel.