Marais is seeking a Civil/Structural Engineer to be based in New Orleans, LA. This full-time position will support our civil and structural practice. The Civil/Structural Engineer will work collaboratively with Marais’s Principal Engineer on most projects while developing the skills necessary to take a leadership role and work independently as they progress.
The Civil/Structural Engineer will:
• Apply basic technical principles, theories, standards, and concepts in development of engineering
• Exercise judgment limited to developing details of work in making preliminary selections and
adaptations of engineering alternatives
• Prepare engineering related calculations and develop drawings and visual aids
• Perform engineering calculations pertaining to and in support of the detailed plans and
construction documents developed
• Independently evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and
criteria using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications.
• Prepare plans, specifications, and cost estimates
• Perform field inspection work
• Provide guidance to entry-level engineers;
• Prior applicable experience.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or related field (ABET Accredited).
• Knowledge and experience of civil and structural engineering concepts, principles and practices.
• Passed or plan to take Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam within six months of hire.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Enthusiastic and Self-motivated.
• Work well within a multidisciplinary team.
• Capable of using spreadsheet, word processing, and standard office software.
• Good working knowledge of CAD software (AutoCAD)
• Strong familiarity with Microsoft Excel.
• Experience with Revit
• Competitive Salary
• Unlimited PTO Policy
• Flexible Work Locations
• 401(k) matching
• Generous Health Insurance Plan or Reimbursement
• Company-Sponsored Events
Marais is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Relocation is not available for this position.